Monday 18 December 2017

Harry Potter Gift Guide- Christmas 2017| CarenzaOnBooks

As it is the big day exactly one week today, I thought that it would be a good time to post my Harry Potter Gift Guide. As a huge Potterhead myself, I know this is something I would definitely check out.  I've tried to think of some things that are outside the box as well as some well-loved items.

Books

I think it's a fairly obvious one to start with, but there are some beautiful editions of the Harry Potter books to buy the Potterhead in your life. Here's a list of my favourites:
  • Illustrated Editions
  • US Paperback with amazing Spine Art
  • Anniversary House editions
  • Juniper Books- You can get a boxset or just dust jackets in all the houses.
Christmas Decorations

My Christmas Tree with my Ravenclaw Ornament


The Harry Potter Studio Tour (London) has some amazing Christmas pieces on their website at the moment. They have Christmas stockings for each of the houses, Hogwarts themed one linked here. They also have house specific ornaments for trees, on my last visit to the Studio, I bought the Ravenclaw one for my tree as I have a tradition of buying ornaments. Here is the link to the website

Homeware

If you are anything like me, then you will love decorating your house with Harry Potter themed items. I have quite a few and I love adding to my collection. A great place to get stuff from that isn't inexpensive is Primark. While they don't have a website you can order from (correct me if I'm wrong), there are quite a few stores dotted around. I will say that most of the items are Gryffindor or Slytherin themed, so bear that in mind. If you are based in the states and have a bit more to spend, then I know that Teen Pottery Barn has an amazing collection. You can literally buy the Mirror of Errised. 

Anything from Etsy

Etsy is a phenomenal website as you can literally get anything from it. There are a lot of unique and inexpensive items on it. Here are just a few of my favourites:

  • Harry Potter Characters as Cats on a mug- Click Here.   
  • Vintage Style posters- Click Here.
  • Framed Film Cell Display Board- Click Here
  • Animal Pun Coasters- Ravenclaw Linked Here.

DIY Gifts

In all truthfulness, the best gifts are homemade. I'm sure there are tons of DIY Harry Potter gifts out there, all you need to do is google it and you'll find the perfect gift for the Potterhead in your life.

I will probably do an updated version of this next Christmas as I had a really cool idea, that unfortunately, I didn't have time for this year. I hope this helps you get the Potterhead in your life the perfect gift.  
Carenza x