Thursday 6 May 2021

Grisha Magic Book Tag| Carenza Bramwell

After watching the Netflix adaptation of Shadow and Bone and Six of Crows, I knew I wanted to make some content inspired by it. I went and did a quick Google search and came across this tag, you can watch the video I found it in here. Don't worry, there won't be any spoilers for the show here! This tag uses the magic system from the Grishaverse (which I plan on rereading). 

1) Heartrender- A Book That Made Your Heart Race   
For this prompt, I chose The Diviners by Libba Bray. I choose this because I remember listening to the audiobook and being genuinely quite scared at some scenes. I would listen to it while I was walking, in the middle of summer, and I knew I was perfectly safe, yet I still felt scared for some reason. The atmosphere built in these books was great.  

2) Healer- A Book That Made You Feel Good
I recently reread the first three volumes in the Heartstopper series by Alice Oseman as I needed a feel good, fluffy book. While these books do deal with some heavier topics such as mental health, coming out and bullying, these books always make me feel happier. The story is adorable and so is the art style. I have a feeling these will be my go to comfort books. 

3) Tailor- A Book That Perfectly Matches Its Cover
Taken from Google Images

I realised that all the books I chose for these questions were quite popular books, so for this question, I decided to pick a lesser known book. So I'm choosing Let Me Tell You About A Man I Knew by Susan Fletcher. The blurb and cover for this book were the reason I picked it up. I read it a few years ago and I still adore it. The story was beautiful. The cover is beautiful. I wish more people would read it as it's such a good book. 

4) Squallers- A Book With A Death That Made You Gasp
I struggled to pick an answer for this question as I didn't want to spoil anyone. So I had a look at my Goodreads and I think the last time I was shocked by a death was in The King of Crows by Libba Bray. I didn't want to pick the same author more than once, but this was the last time I remember being "shocked" and it was more annoyed than shocked. 

5) Inferni- A Book With A Steamy Romance
A classic answer for this would be the A Court of Thorns and Roses series by Sarah J Maas as those books are well known for their steamy romance. I didn't want to choose them, so I chose another steamy romance and that was House of Earth and Blood by Sarah J Maas. I remember that there was at least one quite steamy scene in this book. I don't tend to read books for their steamy scenes. 

6) Tidemakers- A Book Or Book Series With An Unpredictable Plot
I spent more time than I'll care to admit looking at my bookshelves thinking what book or series had an unpredictable book and I couldn't pick one. So I've decided not to pick one. I don't try and guess the plot as I'm reading. I like to be in the moment. I know this is cheating, but it's my blog and I pick the rules. 

7) Durasts- A First Book In A Series With Incredible World Building
Serpent and Dove by Shelby Mahurin 
I decided to go with Serpent and Dove by Shelby Mahurin as I felt the world building in this book was really good. It was one of the things that hooked me in when I was reading it. I've read this book twice and I always enjoy learning more about the magic or the world. Shelby is really good at writing these worlds. 

8) Alkemi- A Book With An Explosive Ending 
This was another question I struggled with as I don't remember the last time I was wowed by an ending. So I've decided to pick a classic and one of my favourite books, Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare. I have read this book so many times and every time it makes me cry. I am someone who is very picky (probably not the right word) when it comes to what makes me cry in literature and fiction. It takes a lot. But this book will destroy me every time I read it.  

Those are my answers to the Grisha Magic Book Tag. You can probably expect a Shadow and Bone review from me at some point in the future. What would your answers to these questions be?