Sunday 14 October 2018

My University Reading Nook| CarenzaOnBooks

Since moving to University a month ago, I have created a little reading nook in my room. I've always wanted a little reading nook and I'm very proud of how this one turned out. I thought I'd share with you how you can turn your university room into the perfect reading space as that was something I was very keen to do when I moved out.

An overview of my reading nook in my university bedroom


Blankets and Cushions

The first stage for me was to add lots of cushions and blankets. I have always been a fan of cushions and blankets. If you go back to some of my earlier blog posts, you will see that from my old bedroom. For me, cushions and blankets can add so much to a space. They make it feel more cosy and welcoming. All the ones in these pictures I have bought from Primark, proving that to have a cosy and fandom themed room doesn't need to be expensive. I've also added some cuddly toys because who doesn't love cuddly toys? Also, my giant Totoro plush is incredible and well worth the £34 I spent on it in Edinburgh.
My Harry Potter cushion collection and some cuddly friends
    

Fairy Lights

Again, I have always been a sucker for Fairy Lights. Not pictured, but I do have some Pumpkin fairy lights on my bookcase. At night, fairy lights add to the cosy environment and there is nothing greater than curling up in bed with a good book and turning on my fairy lights. I managed to pick up both of these sets for under £10.
Top set- Amazon

Bottom set- Primark, Harry Potter potion bottle fairy lights
 

Posters and Decorative Things 

Even though I'm technically not allowed to have posters on the wall in my uni room, I've stuck up quite a few. I love posters. I'm always collecting new things to stick to my walls as without them, I found the walls here to be quite bland. I've mostly focused on the area around my bed as that's where I wanted the room to look its best. 
Posters from various places

Cosy but Practical 

As much as you want your reading nook to be cosy, it is also important to make sure it is practical and functions well. Make sure you are well supported by cushions as there is nothing worse than being uncomfortable while reading. Also, make sure it is well lit as it can cause damage to your eyes if you are straining to read.
A memory foam cushion to support me

A bedside lamp to make sure the area is well lit