Wednesday 21 March 2018

Very Belated February Favourites| CarenzaOnBooks

So, it's been a while since I posted....again. Once again, I owe you guys an apology. Life for me at the moment is hectic and as much as I love blogging, I haven't been able to find the time to write. I think I'm going to make a separate post on all the crazy things that are going on, but for now, I thought I owed you guys a February Favourites. Even though it's nearly the end of March (why is time going so fast? Can it please chill for a second?), February was a good month for favourites.

Books

I had a very good reading month in February (full wrap up coming on my YouTube channel soon), but the standout book for me was Simon Vs the Homo-sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli. A book discussion on this book will be coming on my YouTube channel very soon. If you are looking for a cute, contemporary featuring an LGBT love story at the centre. I am very excited for the movie adaptation and it makes me so happy that it is getting so much more love and support. Becky's writing style is really addictive- I read this in one day and I am definitely going to have to get her other books and binge read them.    

Culture

I did see The Shape of Water in February, and while it wasn't my favourite film, I did enjoy it. I think it's so interesting and important to have such a diverse cast and creative team at the centre of this film. I'm really glad it won best picture at the Oscars as I do think it deserved it. Also, the soundtrack is incredible, it's by the same composer who did the last two Harry Potter films. 

A TV show I am currently rewatching is the BBC's Adventures of Merlin (also just known as Merlin). This was one of my favourite shows when I was little and I was feeling reminiscent of the past, so I decided to rewatch it. I'm about to start series four and I just don't want it to be over. 

Music wise, I have been enjoying listening to a lot of soundtracks. In February I listened to a lot of Disney and Harry Potter soundtracks. I just find I work best when listening to them and I can often remember the scenes they are from. If you are like me and aren't really into music, then I would recommend listening to soundtracks.  

Bits'n'Bobs

Edited by VSCO cam

My favourite Bits'n'Bobs purchase was my plush Niffler that I bought from Platform 9 3/4. I had been wanting one for ages and I had planned to buy one at the British Library exhibition, but they had sold out. I adore him so much, I've decided that he is named Neville as it is a nice alliteration. He was £35, which is expensive, but he's so darn cute I couldn't leave him in the shop. I also got a personalised Hogwarts letter, but as it has my address on it, I won't be showing it. 

So that concludes my super belated February favourites. I'm going to try my hardest to have something up here at least once a week, but if not, at least once a fortnight.
Carenza x