Monday 16 March 2020

Belated 2020 Anticipated Releases| Carenza Bramwell

Yes, I am aware that we are almost a quarter of the way through the year at the time this is being posted, but I still wanted to share with you guys my anticipated releases of the year. On this list, I will be including those that have already been published. I think I have some that might have slipped under the radar for others as well as some popular releases. This list is in publication order. 

Infinity Son

By Adam Silvera
Published January 14th 2020.
Adam Silvera's latest novel is the first entry on this list. I am a huge fan of Adam's other books, so I was super excited when he announced his first fantasy novel. I have read it and sadly it was not for me. For more details why I gave it 3/5 stars, follow the link to my most recent wrap up

Yes No Maybe So

By Becky Albertalli and Amed Saeed. 
Published February 4th 2020.
I stumbled across this when I was scrolling through Goodreads and it was recommended for fans of Adam Silvera. I loved Simon Vs and I had read Becky's other collaborative novel. I am a huge fan of politics, so a YA novel centred around politics peaked my interest. It ended up being an okay read in the end. For more details, read my most recent wrap up.   

Heartstopper Volume 3

By Alice Oseman
Published February 6th 2020.
I am a huge fan of the Heartstopper series and the third volume did not disappoint. It's a cute LGBT graphic novel, I adore them. Volume four now please. For more details, read my most recent wrap up. 

The Shadows Between Us

By Tricia Levenseller.
Published March 1st.
The first book on this list that I haven't actually read. I stumbled across this, I think probably watching people's recommended releases. It seems like a really interesting fantasy novel, which revenge at the core. I've ordered a copy and I can't wait for it to arrive. 

A Question of Holmes

By Brittany Cavallaro.
Published March 3rd.
The final book in the Charlotte Holmes series. I loved the first two books, but sadly have not been a fan of the last two. I might have to binge read the series again as I feel reading them in one go might be a better experience than waiting for the newest book. I gave this book 3/5 stars.  

Chain of Gold

By Cassandra Clare.
Published March 3rd.
One of my most anticipated books of the year. My review just went up for this book. I absolutely adored it and am so sad that I now have to wait for the remanding books in this series. Obviously, I gave it 5/5 stars. 

The Gravity of Us

By Phil Stamper.
Published May 14th.
I believe this might already be out in America, however I am still waiting for it to be published in the UK. It's an upcoming LGBT own voices YA novel. The background of this book is the NASA programme and follows two boys who end up being connected by it. I'm really excited for a new LGBT novel.  

Jo&Laurie

By Melissa De La Cruiz.
Published June 2nd.
I'm a bit hesitant to put this book on my list as I haven't heard the best things about it, however, after watching the most recent adaptation of Little Women, I thought this book sounded fun. Melissa has done a bunch of other adaptations, so I think we're in safe hands. I know this is a fun, fluffy book, so I'm not expecting it to be brilliant, just a fun read. 

The Confession

By Jessie Burton.
Published June 2nd.
Technically this book is already out, however, I am waiting for the paperback to be released. I recently read The Muse by Jessie Burton and I loved it. I still need to read The Miniturist, but if the Confession is anything like The Muse, then I know that I'll love it. Jessie Burton has become one of my favourite modern literature authors.  

Loveless

By Alice Oseman.
Published July 9th.
As I've already mentioned my love for Alice's novels, it comes as no surprise that she has not one, but three mentions on this list. Loveless is her newest novel and features an aromantic/asexual character. I haven't read many stories featuring this, so I'm very excited. I also know that Alice is a great contemporary writer, so I can't wait for this book to come out. 

Blood&Honey

By Shelby Mahurin.
Published September 2nd.
Quite possibly my most anticipated release of the year. I cannot put it into words how much I love Serpent&Dove. This comes out a few days after my birthday and I am not joking when I say I would happily skip my birthday (which I love celebrating even though I'm turning 20 this year) so I can read this book. I cannot wait to be reunited with my faves again. 

The Nobleman's Guide to Scandal's and Shipwrecks 

By Mackenzi Lee.
Published September 3rd.
I absolutely adored the first two books in this series, but wasn't the biggest fan of the third one. Mackenzi Lee writes amazing LGBT historical fiction, so I have high hopes for this one. I might have to reread the other books in this series before this one comes out. 

Nick&Charlie 

By Alice Oseman.
Published September 3rd.
Surprise surprise, another Alice Oseman book. This one is actually already out in eBook format, but it is now being published in physical format. It's a short story set a few years after the Heartstopper comics have ended. Like with her other books, I'm so excited to read this. 

The Madness Blooms 

By Mackenzi Lee.
Published November 24th.
Another Mackenzi Lee book. I am a bit hesitant to put this on my list as I have seen a lot of controversy around it before it has even been published. It does seem to be another LGBT historical fiction novel and I'm hoping that once ARCs start being handed out to reviewers, some of the controversy is cleared up.  

That concludes my list of anticipated releases for 2020, what books are you excited for this year?
Carenza :) x